Neurolucida is a powerful tool for creating and analyzing realistic, meaningful, and quantifiable neuron reconstructions directly from histological specimens. Researchers have reconstructed and analyzed tens of thousands of neurons using Neurolucida, leading to advances in areas of neuroscience including neurodegenerative diseases, neuropathy, memory, and behavior, and advances in other research fields such as ophthalmology.
New Performance Features
- A significant improvement to the movie making capabilities
- Edit reconstructions in an interactive 3D environment when tracing from image stacks
- Automated detection of cell bodies and nuclei
- Improved handling of big image data
- The new vector graphics export utilizes the Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format allowing for larger and much more complex exports
- New user preferences with a convenient built-in search option
- 2D and 3D Slide Scanning workflow that simplifies and consolidates all the functionality for scanning slides
- New analyses in a redesigned Neurolucida Explorer - the companion software to Neurolucida that performs all the quantitative analyses generated from neurons digitally reconstructed with Neurolucida
- 100% backwards compatible with your existing data
Advanced Movie Production Capabilities
At MBF Bioscience, we have listened to your requests for a more powerful movie production tool. Now it is easier than ever to share animations with colleagues and manuscript reviewers. Neurolucida's new movie production will allow you to produce dynamic and rich movies that will go a long way to helping your audience grasp the full extent of your research. The new movie making tool has the key features needed to create impactful media:
- Intuitive tools to produce high resolution videos of navigating tissues in 3D
- Timeline, clipping, and editing tools easy to learn and supported with tutorials
- Dynamic zooming and rotation
- Export movies in .mp4 format
Our new video production tool along with other image export tools and data analysis provided by Neurolucida Explorer provide researchers with scientific communication tools to help advance the research process from data collection to manuscript submission.
Slide Scanning Workflow
A completely new slide scanning workflow is easier to use, will save time training new users and give you great slide scanning results. Use this workflow to scan at any magnification and create high resolution 2D images or 3D stacks. This workflow brings all the controls and features necessary to complete slide scanning into one location. Feature includes:
- An easy-to-follow guide that makes it simple for new users to scan great quality images
- Background correction to insure clean, even, image quality
- Heat map allows you to spot folds and other areas that need additional focus sites
- Validate your settings before you start a long acquire by taking a test image
How to Get Version 2020
Integration with Cutting-Edge Microscope Hardware
Version 2020 integrates with the latest microscopic imaging devices and computer hardware, so you can trace neurons.
We recommend our new Lumina HR camera - a fast, high-resolution camera that captures beautifully detailed images which look great on 4K monitors. Request a quote to upgrade your system hardware.
Fully Integrated with Your Hardware
Neurolucida software drives motorized stages, cameras, filter wheels etc. to give you a seamless experience.
Customized and Scalable
Each system is customized to your research needs and scalable to fit your budget. Additional capabilities can be added with our imaging modules.
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Train new users faster
- Collect data quicker and easier
Frequently Asked Questions
Version 2020 is a significant upgrade from previous versions of Neurolucida. Here is a compilation of the most commonly asked questions about version 2020.
When you call us you will speak with a person - not an automated system. Talk to us about your hardware, software, or experimental design questions. Our team includes Ph.D. neuroscientists and experts in microscopy, stereology, neuron tracing, and image processing; ready to help you over the phone or online.