MBF Bioscience is a world leader in supplying software and systems for microscopic image analysis of brain tissue. Our products include the Neurolucida® system for 3D neuron morphology and Stereo Investigator® for stereology, a statistically based analysis method. Our mission is to provide the best solutions and service to bioscience researchers worldwide for the advancement of scientific knowledge.
MBF offers excellent salary and benefits, a friendly work environment, the opportunity to contribute to advancement of science, and to join a team of experienced software developers, hardware engineers, and Ph.Ds in neuroscience and computer science/engineering. The company headquarters is located near Burlington, Vermont, a beautiful, small city on the eastern shores of Lake Champlain consistently ranked as the healthiest place to live the USA. Boston is 3.5 hours away by car, and Montreal is just a two-hour trip.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
The Marketing Assistant works closely with the marketing team to assist with implementing company marketing campaigns.
- Write scripts, capture footage, and edit videos for marketing purposes. These can be 2-5 minute videos of our software or short video interviews with employees or researchers.
- Write marketing material including webpages and collateral under the direction of the marketing team.
- Execute social media marketing campaigns on social media outlets including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.)
- Assist with additional marketing projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with and knowledge of social media platforms
- Knowledge of Camtasia a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Programs: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign a plus
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- College Degree
Develop commercial scientific software in our web and/or desktop applications in our Williston, Vermont office.
- Develop and maintain our current suite of applications
- Design and create new products for MBF Bioscience's customers
- Perform software and algorithm development and feasibility research for product development utilized in all current and future MBF software products
- Create, maintain, and apply MBF coding standards
- Integrate new hardware in MBF software products
- Work with Product Managers to determine the priority and schedule for software features and requirements
- Communicate algorithmic descriptions to other members of the R&D group in written and oral presentations
- Use good software development practices to write code that fulfills feature requirements, is robust, and easily maintainable
- Experience with C++
- Web development, Qt, iOS or MFC experience a plus
- Passion for development and desire to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelors degree in computer science or computer engineering
Additional Requirements for all MBF Bioscience Employees
- Strong communication skills and ability to present to small/medium groups
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Candidates for these positions must be able to legally work in the United States as of the date of hire. MBF Bioscience is not willing to commence an immigration case in order to fill these positions.
MBF Bioscience is an equal opportunity employer.