Automatic 3D Neuron Reconstruction and Analysis
Neurolucida® 360 is the premier tool used by neuroscientists to quickly and accurately reconstruct intricate neuronal structures that range in scale from complex, multicellular networks of neurons to sub-cellular dendritic spines and putative synapses.
With the sophistication to analyze specific neuronal structures such as axons, basal dendrites, apical dendrites, and axon-carrying dendrites, you can completely reconstruct and analyze any neuron in any species.
The most advanced image detection algorithms allow you to confidently reconstruct cells using a variety of labeling and microscopy techniques.
Whether you are interested in analyzing individual neurons or the interactions of neurons, see why Neurolucida 360 far surpasses all other software for automatic neuron reconstruction!
The Complete Solution for Neuronal Reconstruction and Analysis
Neurolucida 360 has been used to reconstruct thousands of neurons including pyramidal, chandelier, and projection neurons.
It leverages the expertise and experience we gained in the long history of developing our renowned Neurolucida system, the most widely used software for neuron tracing, and used in laboratories worldwide to produce over 10,000 peer reviewed citations.
Automatic Detection and Modeling
Neurolucida 360 is uniquely designed to automatically model, classify and quantify dendritic spines in 3D. Spines are automatically classified by type (i.e., mushroom, filipodia, stubby, thin as described in the scientific literature). It is also designed to model and quantify somas, varicosities, and synapses.
Analyze Neurons in Virtually All Types of Images
Neurolucida 360 works with 3D and 2D images from many forms of microscopy and it excels at handling very large images such as whole slide images or large 3D images of cleared tissue.
Trace Golgi Stained Neurons
Reconstruct Neurons from Cleared Tissue
A Full Suite of Tools to Edit Structures in 3D and Deliver Ground-Truth Data
With Neurolucida 360 full suite of tools to manually trace and edit your reconstruction, you can create a ground-truth representation of your neuron data.
You can also fine-tune and correct the automatic reconstructions in cases of particularly challenging image data.
Comprehensive Quantitative Analyses
Our rigorously tested analyses provide accurate and robust results that you and others can trust in publications.
Use Neurolucida Explorer, Neurolucida 360 companion analysis software, to perform sophisticated analyses that help answer your research questions.
We provide dozens of analyses that analyze and graph hundreds of metrics and parameters, including:
Designed by Neuroscientists for Neuroscientists
Developed with support from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), Neurolucida 360 was specifically conceived for the neuroscience community by neuroscientists who understand the challenges and breadth of neuroscience research. We are constantly pushing the technological boundaries of our software to support your needs in addressing cutting-edge research questions. Our scientists are regularly in dialogue with our customers, incorporating their suggestions into the design of Neurolucida 360 to aid discoveries in neuroscience worldwide.
Neurolucida 360 is an invaluable tool to advance connectomics and handle the “big data” necessary to map neural pathways at the level of synaptic connections comprehensively. It can also be automated to perform repeated neuronal analyses.
Consult with our staff neuroscientists to determine the best course of action to make sense of your data.
Learn How to Best Prepare and Image Neurons for Analysis
Our scientists recently collaborated with researchers from the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York to develop a set of guidelines on preparing and imaging confocal image data for Neurolucida 360. The guidelines, published in Current Protocols in Neuroscience, will help you get the best results for spine quantification and neuron reconstruction.
Real-time Interactive 3D Visualization
As you work with increasingly bigger and more complex image data, high performance 3D visualization has become indispensable to effective data interpretation.
Our software includes a highly versatile 3D visualization environment suitable to most microscopy images with state-of-the-art functionalities to support your analysis and publication needs.
- Visualize large, complex 3D images (including multichannel images) and reconstructions
- 2D and 3D image data from two-photon, confocal, brightfield or light sheet microscopy
- 3D volume, image slicing, and simultaneous views
- Multiple projections: XY, YZ, XZ, alpha, minimum, and maximum
- Transparency, rendering (wireframe, centerline, surface, texture) and other display options for image and traces than can be adjusted on the fly
- Create dynamic movies
- Export options including exporting 3D graphics to third-party applications
- Loads complex surfaces in seconds
- Works with the most advanced “gaming class” graphics cards to deliver high performance at an affordable price
When you call us you will speak with a person - not an automated system. Talk to us about your hardware, software, or experimental design questions. Our team includes Ph.D. neuroscientists and experts in microscopy, stereology, neuron tracing, and image processing; ready to help you over the phone or online.
How can Neurolucida 360 help you?
- Run analyses that exactly match your research questions
- A ready to use solution with no need for programming skills or the creation of supplementary scripts (e.g., MatLab)
- Use it on a wide range of research specimens, from the sub-micrometer level (synapses) to the macrolevel (mapping projection neurons)
- Use the stains and visualization techniques that fit your research paradigm including Golgi, 2D, expansion microscopy, clarity, iDISCO, uDISCO, confocal, two-photon
- Work with a equipment in your facility, virtually all microscope image formats are supported.
- Consult with our expert neuroscientists to get recommendations on the best means to analyze your experimental data.
Introducing Neurolucida 360 version 2018
State of the art software for state of the art research
Our three most popular packages are Neurolucida 360 Lite, Essentials, and Studio.
There are different options to set up Neurolucida 360 in your lab: a one-time upfront cost for the software, an annual subscription plan, mobile licenses to move Neurolucida 360 from one computer to another, and more.
Try it Out!
We offer both a free evaluation and a free trial copy of Neurolucida 360. During your trial, you'll also have the opportunity to talk to us about your hardware, software, or experimental design questions with our team of Ph.D. neuroscientists and experts in microscopy, neuron tracing, and image processing.
- Free evaluation: Submit some of your image data and let us evaluate how Neurolucida 360 can match your research experiment.
- Free 14-day trial copy: Download of a copy of Neurolucida 360 and use the tips and suggestions from the free evaluation to find out how easy it is to use and how quickly you can obtain useful data.