A new paradigm for automatic neuron reconstruction
Speed, accuracy, and reliability: a powerful combination for your research
With Neurolucida 360, you can automatically reconstruct neurons and detect spines and synapses in a 3-dimensional environment to obtain reliable data about the size, shape, and complexity of neurons. Neurolucida 360 works with 3D and 2D images acquired with confocal, two-photon, and fluorescence microscopes or slide scanners. And it excels at handling very large images such as whole slide images or images of tissue cleared with CLARITY, Scale, iDISCO, and more.
Quickly reconstruct somas, dendrites and axons
Neurolucida 360 allows you to collect more data in less time. The user-guided tracing method in Neurolucida 360 helps you trace neurons quickly and uniformly. Find the soma and click it to reconstruct the soma volume. Locate a dendrite or axon and move your cursor along it - the algorithm will find the thickness of the process. Edits can easily be made in the 3D environment.
Incredibly fast 3D spine detection and shape classification
Dendritic spine detection and classification are fully automatic in Neurolucida 360. Simply click ‘detect all’ to reconstruct all spines in the image, and then click ‘classify all’ to classify spines into one of four spine types. Edits can easily be made in the 3D environment.
Advanced visualization for more accurate data
It can be difficult to follow a single dendrite in a neuron with significant branching, but with Neurolucida 360 you can rotate the neuron in 3D to get a better view of the dendrite and continue with the reconstruction.
Reconstruct neurons 15 times faster with Neurolucida 360
Would you rather spend 1 hour and 3 minutes reconstructing a neuron, or just 4 minutes? To see how fast Neurolucida 360 really is, we had an experienced Neurolucida user trace a neuron manually with Neurolucida and then with Neurolucida 360. The manual reconstruction took 1 hour and 3 minutes. The reconstruction with Neurolucida 360 took just 4 minutes. If you have to reconstruct 10 of these neurons it would take you 10 hours and 30 minutes, or just 40 minutes with Neurolucida 360. Use the extra 9 hours and 50 minutes to mine the wealth of morphometric data.
When you call us you will speak with a person - not an automated system. Talk to us about your hardware, software, or experimental design questions. Our team includes Ph.D. neuroscientists and experts in microscopy, stereology, neuron tracing, and image processing; ready to help you over the phone or online.
Even more ways Neurolucida 360 will help you in the lab
- Collect more data from your neuron reconstructions. Tracing is so easy with Neurolucida 360 that you can collect more data without extra effort. If you are examining dendritic length, for example, you can easily collect dendritic volume measurements simultaneously - this additional data could impact your current study, or be used to address another research question.
- Generate standardized reconstructions. Neurolucida 360 has automatic features to help you trace each neuron accurately and uniformly.
- Check your work. It's easy to go back and double check your reconstructions and make edits in the 3D environment.
Analyze tissue cleared with CLARITY, iDISCO, Scale, and more
Tissue clearing methods allow researchers to visualize networks of cells in larger volumes, however the resulting images are typically very large. Neurolucida 360 handles these large images very well - allowing you to quickly get accurate data about cell networks.
Pricing and Subscription Plans
There are many different ways Neurolucida 360 can be set up in your lab: a one-time upfront cost for the software, an annual subscription plan, mobile licenses to move Neurolucida 360 from one computer to another, and more.
Neurolucida 360 gives you reliable data that you can publish with confidence. And we’re here to help you along the way.
MBF Bioscience has a renowned support team ready to help. We offer:
- Research support - Our microscopists and neuroscientists will give you advice for acquiring images optimized for neuron reconstruction. High-resolution, clear images are easier to reconstruct and yield more accurate data
- Technical support - Online and phone support to keep you up and running
Minimum Computer Hardware
- 64-bit Windows 7, 8 or 10, 32GB of RAM, dual core processor, and an AMD Radeon graphics card with 2GB of GPU RAM
Neurolucida 360 has been developed with support from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH).