WormLab® Imaging System
The revolutionary system that analyzes worm behavior and delivers light and tapping stimuli
WormLab software is known for providing an amazing amount of data about worm locomotion in an intuitive user interface. Now, the WormLab Imaging System works in conjunction with WormLab software so you can correlate C. elegans locomotory behavior with the delivery of tapping or light stimuli.
The WormLab Imaging System is a complete, scalable solution for automated imaging and quantitative analysis of the behavior of C. elegans and other nematodes. We worked closely with world leading C. elegans researchers to develop a unique worm tracking system that is intuitive and easy to use so you spend less time on set-up and maintenance and more time focused on your research.
High-resolution worm imaging
Automated optogenetics & mechanosensation
- Prevents ambient light from influencing the behavior of your worms
- Improved environment for delivering stimuli
- Fast glide adjustment mount for quick and repeatable change of the working distance for mulitple zoom levels (8mm to 50mm FOV) without the need for any tools. This type of flexibility is not found in conventional compound microscopes or dissecting scopes
Camera with macrolens for high-resolution images
- Fast high-resolution USB 3.0
- Nikon 60mm macro lens – Close Range Correction System ensures high resolution throughout the adjustment range of the camera stand
Light stimulus delivery
- High output LED lights illuminate the worms
- Light patterns controlled with WormLab software
Tapping stimulus delivery
- Variable force/patterns controlled with WormLab
Macro Illuminator - generates even illumination across a large field of view to create a high contrast image
- The illumination system creates solid, high-contrast images of the normally transparent worms
- Light path starts with a precisely adjustable, white or red light LED source and diffuser module
- Housing has integral cooling fan to account for thermal management of the LED itself and avoids coupling heat to the specimen
- Diffuser element mitigates hot spots within the 50mm FOV creating a flat field background
- Light then passes through a series of optical elements evenly illuminating the specimen with collimated light producing a very high contrast
When you call us you will speak with a person - not an automated system. Talk to us about your hardware, software, or experimental design questions. Our team includes Ph.D. neuroscientists and experts in microscopy, stereology, neuron tracing, and image processing; ready to help you over the phone or online.
System Requirements for Microsoft Windows
- For Microsoft Windows PCs, we recommend Windows 8 or 10 64-bit with 4GB RAM and a dual core or better Intel processors (i3,i5,i7).
- WormLab can also run on Windows XP 32 bit or Windows 8 or 10 32-bit. The 64-bit version of Windows 8 offers a significant performance improvement over the 32 bit version. WormLab software takes under 100MB of disk space, but adequate hard disk space for video files is needed (250GB recommended) and an internet connection for activation.
System Requirements for Apple OSX
Mac OSX 10.9 or later is required, running on a Mac with Intel processors. For camera support, your Mac will require a Firewire (IEEE1394) port. Requirements include 4GB RAM, adequate hard disk space for video files (250GB recommended) and an internet connection for activation.
We can also custom develop for you
MBF is proud to help bioscience leaders and experts push the next wave of innovation and discovery to benefit humanity. Given this, it’s possible you’re looking for customized technology for your needs. If that is the case, click here to get in touch with us directly. We’d be happy and honored to see if we can create something together that will move all of us forward.