Obtain Quantitative Morphometric Data Using Vesselucida Explorer
Vesselucida Explorer is the analytical software companion for Vesselucida and Vesselucida 360 and is designed to perform extensive morphometric analyses on microvascular reconstructions and serial section reconstructions that were created in Vesselucida and Vesselucida 360. It also allows you to visualize and analyze image data in a 3D environment while making quantitative measurements. Vesselucida Explorer is highly interactive, allowing researchers to explore their data models and see quantitative metrics generated directly from the models.
Sophisticated Tools for Each Unique Scientific Investigation
We have removed the obstacles for rapid, high volume quantitative data analysis by programming all the complex analyses, so you don't have to. Users can load multiple data sets into Vesselucida Explorer for batch analysis, sparing researchers the time and effort of performing repetitive data analysis steps. Vesselucida Explorer performs multiple analyses efficiently and additively for each data file. No scripting or programming skills are needed to use Vesselucida Explorer to its fullest capacity.
Vesselucida Explorer Can Perform Numerous Analyses Including
In addition to the sophisticated and comprehensive display of quantitative data that is displayed in detailed numerical tables, Vesselucida Explorer also shows graphical displays that allow you to visualize the quantitative data in intuitive ways. These high-quality displays can be easily turned into figures for publications and presentations.
The analyses in Vesselucida Explorer are the result of our collaboration with researchers around the world and include many requests from scientists who have used our products in their labs—envisioning new analyses that help them better understand vessels and the vascular system. All of the analyses in Vesselucida Explorer have been rigorously tested and validated, so you can be certain that you are getting the most accurate, reliable, and reproducible results.
- Individual and Total Networks — Vessel name, number of endings, total length, total volume
- Anastomoses — User defined criteria, length, volume, average diameter, ability to navigate loops in 3D
- Nodes — Node diameter, volume, node coordinates
|Network analysis||Anastomoses analysis|
- Segment Detail Report — Measurements about vessel segments including total length of the path used to trace the segment, average diameter, and tortuosity
- Contiguous Segments — Measurements of the average length and diameter of the path used to trace the contiguous segment
- Binned Segments — Analyze segments categorized by user defined vessel diameter
- Convex Hull — Measure the size of the microvascular network
- Closed Surface — Analyze processes or sections of a process within a contoured 3D structure
- Colocalization — Determine a cell's location based on multiple markers used in double labeling
- Marker and Regions Analyses — Analyze the distribution of cells and the size of organizations of regions within the tissue
Puncta analyses allow you to perform morphometric and quantitative measurements on the puncta that were detected in Vesselucida 360. The specific channels used for the detections are respected and can be used to compare the different populations of puncta to each other and to other structures. The analyses include area, volume, colocalization, nearest neighbor, distance to structures, and number of puncta in closed contours, closed surface and layers. These results can be easily exported to most statistical and spreadsheet software.
Users can see specific details of each analysis such as the equations used to analyze the data. Your reconstruction data can be explored in a 3D environment with full control over navigation functions. Special publishing features include exporting your analyses to third-party programs such as Microsoft Excel.
Vesselucida Explorer is included with software license of Vesselucida and Vesselucida 360. You also have the option to purchase additional copies if you need to share your data with more colleagues. While Vesselucida 360 runs exclusively on Windows 10 PC, additional copies of Vesselucida Explorer maybe be purchased to run on either a Windows 10 PC or MAC.