Fast and Versatile Slide Scanner Designed for Neuroscience Research
- Brightfield slide scanner that handles up to twelve, 1”x 3” (25mm x 75mm) slides, six, 2” x 3” (50mm x 75mm) slides or any single slide up to 6” x 8” (150mm x 200mm)
- Handles large specimens, such as human brain sections, that most other scanners can’t handle.
- For 60 micron section, slides containing an entire mouse brain can be mounted in a single tray
- Fast: <1 minute per slide (15mm x 15mm section at 20x)
- High Resolution: 0.2 at 40x, 0.4 at 20x with optical resolution of 0.75na
- Versatile: 2D and 3D slide scanning
- Easy to Use: Automatic tissue detection and automatic focus
- Easy to Manage: Image-based barcode reading
- Big Data Handling: File format optimized for streaming with Biolucida image server and for analysis
- Optional slide loader capabilities to easily scan up to 120 standard or 60 double-wide slides, or even larger slides up to 6" x 8"
|1"x 3" Slides||
2"x 3" Slides
Any Size Slides up to 6"x 8"
Whole Slide Scanning
Acquiring high-resolution digital images of histology slides is easier than ever with the ongoing advancements in microscope image acquisition hardware and software. Resource consumption from digital/virtual slides is minimal and the benefits are numerous. Whole slide scanning provides numerous benefits to scientists such as the ability to:
- Create digital archives of tissue specimens that never degrade and don't require special physical storage
- Preserve fluorescence indefinitely
- Minimize photodamage from repeated microscopic imaging
- Store, transfer, and share whole slide image data that you can access from any computer system
- Analyze large 2D and 3D image data files on a dedicated workstation separate from the microscope
- Perform essential data analyses such as stereology for counting cells and quantifying volumes
- Develop image content for scientific publications and presentations
MBF Solutions for Whole Slide Images
Our world-class, award winning software combined with our new TissueScope slide scanner provides a fully integrated solution for image acquisition, image management, and image analysis.
- Generates full-resolution 3D whole organ reconstructions from 2D whole slide images
- Visualize the entire organ to see neuronal pathways, cell distributions, vascular patterns, and additional features
- Maps cell distributions
• View, manage and share image stacks, 2D & 3D whole-slide images, and image stacks
• Generates full-resolution 3D whole brain reconstructions from 2D whole slide images
|Stereo Investigator Whole Slide Edition®|
• Unbiased stereology for whole slide images
• Automatically delineates and identifies brain regions on experimental sections
• Automatically outlines periphery of histological sections
• Generates full-resolution 3D whole organ reconstructions from 2D whole slide images
When you call us you will speak with a person - not an automated system. Talk to us about your hardware, software, or experimental design questions. Our team includes Ph.D. neuroscientists and experts in microscopy, stereology, neuron tracing, and image processing; ready to help you over the phone or online.
We can also custom develop for you
MBF is proud to help bioscience leaders and experts push the next wave of innovation and discovery to benefit humanity. Given this, it’s possible you’re looking for customized technology for your needs. If that is the case, click here to get in touch with us directly. We’d be happy and honored to see if we can create something together that will move all of us forward.