MBF Bioscience is a world leader in supplying software and systems for microscopic image analysis of brain tissue. Our products include the Neurolucida® system for 3D neuron morphology and Stereo Investigator® for stereology, a statistically based analysis method. Our mission is to provide the best solutions and service to bioscience researchers worldwide for the advancement of scientific knowledge.
MBF offers excellent salary and benefits, a friendly work environment, the opportunity to contribute to advancement of science, and to join a team of experienced software developers, hardware engineers, and Ph.Ds in neuroscience and computer science/engineering. The company headquarters is located near Burlington, Vermont, a beautiful, small city on the eastern shores of Lake Champlain consistently ranked as the healthiest place to live the USA. Boston is 3.5 hours away by car, and Montreal is just a two-hour trip.
Customer Support Engineer
MBF Bioscience is looking for an experienced Customer Support Engineer to provide technical assistance to customers around the world for their MBF Bioscience computer-controlled integrated microscope systems.
- Phone and online remote support for MBF Bioscience customers including software troubleshooting, hardware repair, installation, and service of computers and specialized microscopy products
- Document interactions with customers and to continuously improve internal documentation to facilitate efficient operations and customer service
- Provide service and customer support during on-site visits
Required Skills :
- Expertise in computer hardware diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Experience in installing and troubleshooting computer peripherals such as video, camera, and networking devices
- Experience with Windows XP through Windows 10
- Experience in software use and/or support
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills
- Entry level to multiple years of experience
- Knowledge of Neuroscience or basic microscopy experience is a plus
Senior FPGA Systems Engineer
MBF Bioscience is looking for a talented FPGA systems engineer that wants to work on the cutting edge of understanding brain function. Design the next generation of hardware and software to control state of the art brain imaging systems.
- Develop FPGA designs to perform data acquisition, signal processing, and signal generation
- Develop low-level kernel driver software to interface with FPGA device
- Develop desktop applications that utilize FPGA based data acquisition systems
Strong proficiency with Verilog
At least 3 years writing large complex FPGA designs in Verilog
Strong proficiency with Vivado environment
Project and non-project design flows
Hierarchical design flows
Advanced timing closure techniques
Integrating high-level IP modules (PCI Express, JESD204B, etc.)
Developing original IP modules using IP packager
Experience targeting designs for the Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale platform
Partial reconfiguration / Dynamic Function eXchange
Clocking resources (MMCM/PLL)
I/O interfaces (SelectIO, GTH transceivers)
Working knowledge of circuit design and board level communication interfaces
LVDS, SPI, I2C, JESD204B
Experience interfacing with high-speed ADC and DAC components
Experience utilizing electronic test equipment (oscilloscope, DMM, logic analyzer)
Strong proficiency with C++/C
Experience with low-level device interfaces
- Experience implementing kernel mode device drivers for Windows OS
- Proficiency with MATLAB
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience with scientific imaging techniques / fluorescence laser-scanning microscopy
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or in related field
Please submit resume and cover letter, including title of position applying for in the subject line to:
Candidates for these positions must be able to legally work in the United States as of the date of hire. MBF Bioscience is not willing to commence an immigration case to fill these positions.
MBF Bioscience is an equal opportunity employer.