Register for Dr. Dan Peterson’s Practical Training Course in Confocal Microscopy and Stereology
There’s still time to enroll in Dr. Dan Peterson’s course, Practical Training Course in Confocal Microscopy and Stereology offered August 16-20, 2010 in downtown Chicago.
Course content includes:
- Comprehensive and practical, “hands-on” instruction in state-of-the-art microscopy.
- Spinning disk and laser scanning confocal microscopes equipped for stereology along with brightfield stereology stations are available for student use and instruction. Substantial amounts of course time are spent using the equipment.
- Lectures on the fundamentals of tissue preparation and staining, microscopy, and digital imaging.
- Theory and practice of design-based stereology.
- Tutorial on the new application of confocal stereology, illustrated through the quantitation of neural stem cells.
- Extensive group discussion- participants are encouraged to bring their own material and to discuss their projects.
Dr. Peterson is widely regarded as the leading expert in the field of confocal stereology. He designed the course for anyone who would benefit from a comprehensive introduction to microscopy and stereology, including graduate students who need to use modern microscopy or stereology in their projects, and investigators new to histological analysis who need a rapid and complete introduction to these techniques.
For more information and to register, please visit: http://www.neurorenew.com
P.S. Please note that MBF Mindset only recommends courses taught by capable and qualified instructors. It does not promote any course taught by commercially-affiliated instructors.