MBF Bioscience Green Policy
It's Surprisingly Easy Being Green
Small changes are easy to implement and add up when going green. A company like MBF Bioscience doesn’t produce toxic wastes or emissions like some other companies. While we have a small footprint, pollution-wise, we recognize that what we do does have an impact on local and global environments. With some thought and effort, we’ve been able to reduce waste, reuse, and recycle!
Some of these efforts include:
Recycle and Reuse:
- Every office and conference room has a recycle container. In our lunchroom, we separate recyclable materials from waste.
- Extra printouts? Bad copies? We use the backside for note paper.
- When we receive deliveries, any clean packing material is reused for outgoing orders.
- With wireless and hand-held devices in every office, reusable batteries pay for themselves in a few months. And, those that don’t have reusable batteries are recycled—not thrown out!
- Instead of making copies for storage, we’re scanning them and saving them electronically. It’s not only good for the environment, but scanned documents are easier to locate.
- Printer cartridges often say they’re empty when gentle shaking can produce more copies. And when the cartridges are empty, they’re recycled for reuse.
- We don’t throw away old computers, drives, monitors, or keyboards. Our IT department recycles them for parts or donates them to local agencies that can use them.
MBF Buys Green:
- We make an effort to purchase green products, such as paper, Post-It® notes, and desk supplies.
- Our cleaning materials are environmentally safe.
- Recycled paper products help save on the materials and energy needed to produce new.
- All packaging materials are made from recycled materials.
- We make a conscious effort to purchase Green when we can.
We’re Committed to Saving Energy:
- Unless it is necessary, all computers, monitors, printers, and fax machines are turned off or placed into low-energy “sleep” mode at the end of the day.
- Empty room? Lights out is the rule.
- On weekends and holidays when demand is lowest, our servers run on low power mode.
- Thermostats are set to moderate energy usage on evenings and weekends.
- We encourage employees to consider video conferencing instead of travel, where practical.
- When visiting clients, MBF Bioscience employees choose fuel-efficient, environmentally friendly cars to rent.
We’ll keep you informed as our Green policy gets updated and evolves. If you have any ideas or if your company takes other steps for the environment, we’d love to hear from you!