With Neurolucida Explorer 2019, you can visualize and select data in an enhanced 3D environment and use a robust collection of analyses. If you have used previous versions of Neurolucida Explorer, we recommend that you become familiar with a more intuitive interface and the enhanced 3D environment.
Analyses specific to Neurolucida 360 are included in this guide, and marked Neurolucida 360 only.
What's new with v.2019
- Spines Details analysis: Dendrite diameter at spine anchor point added.
- Neuron Summary analysis: Cell body centroid XYZ coordinates added.
- Convex Hull analysis: XY area analysis for planar structures.
- Batch analysis (export): Option to use sets that have been created in Neurolucida or Neurolucida 360.
- Export tools to generate multiple Excel reports quickly: Available for single and multiple data files.
- New analytical functionalities:
- You can now display varicosities and varicosities counts on dendrograms (2018.1.1).
- The Branched structure>Varicosity analysis has additional metrics and includes four reports: Apical dendrite varicosity, axon varicosity, dendrite varicosity, and varicosity details (2018.1.1).
- Visual match: Click a row in the results table to locate the corresponding structures in the tracing.
- Quick access from Neurolucida: In Neurolucida, go to File>Save>Save and view in Neurolucida Explorer. If you have Neurolucida 360, you can also access Neurolucida Explorer directly from the 3D environment with one click.
- Mac-compatible.version also available.
- v.2018 Neurolucida Explorer user guide