Ultra-Fast Confocal Fluorescence Whole Slide Scanning
Vesalius provides unparalleled high-throughput, multi-channel fluorescence confocal whole slide imaging. With its high-speed resonant confocal scanner and precise linear motor stage, Vesalius substantially reduces the time needed for image acquisitions compared to conventional confocal imaging systems with no compromise in image quality. Vesalius is the perfect solution for imaging multiple slides quickly.
High-Resolution Imaging of Intact Cleared Tissue Specimens
Vesalius is as versatile as it is fast. It is the result of numerous interdisciplinary collaborations and many hours of research and development. In addition to its amazing confocal slide scanning performance, it can also be used for imaging cleared tissue specimens.
- Custom specimen chambers for imaging larger specimens, including whole mouse brains or tissue slabs up to 6mm thick
- CLARITY, iDISCO, uDISCO, CUBIC, SeeDB, Sca/e and more
- Objective lenses are available in magnifications including: 10x, 16x, 20x, and 25x
- Fully automated stitching algorithms efficiently create high resolution mosaics of thick and thin tissues
- An additional 4x optical zoom within the microscope head allows for better finer imaging of small structures
Powerful Reconstruction and Data Analysis Tools
- Images acquired with Vesalius can perform complex image analyses such as cell counting, neuron tracing, and stereological analysis. A number of powerful analysis tools are included in the Vesalius system:
- Automated cell detection and rapid stereological analysis in 2D and 3D images (Cellairus)
- Creating full-resolution 3D images from 2D serial section image data (BrainMaker or TissueMaker)
- Automated neuron tracing and quantitative analysis (Neurolucida 360)
- Automated vessel tracing and quantitative analysis (Vesselucida 360)
- Stereological analysis (Stereo Investigator – Whole Slide Edition, and Stereo Investigator – Cleared Tissue Edition)
What Research Applications are Laboratories Using Vesalius for?
Vesalius was developed in response to the clear needs of the neuroscience research and community which include high-throughput, multi-channel fluorescent, high-resolution confocal imaging of entire brain sections, the need for appropriate data sharing technologies, and requirements for reproducible and reliable quantitative measures of biological features.
- 3D reconstruction of brain sections for neuron tracing, vessel tracing, and connectomics
- High resolution imaging of cell proliferation and embryo development
- Rapid analysis of fluorescently labeled specimens in gene and protein mapping, cytoarchitectural analysis, and pathology
- Stereologic cell counting coupled with reliable automated cell detection
- Vesalius has been instrumental in conducting research in many fields including neuroscience, pulmonology, nephrology, cardiology, and endocrinology.
- Image data is saved in the HDF5 format to optimize efficiency and make it easy for users to manage and transfer their image data whether it’s small or in the multi-TB range
Vesalius can Help you Achieve your Research Goals
- Ultra-fast imaging results in improved efficiency of data collection leading to more data, higher confidence in statistical analysis, and the ability to conduct more studies
- Multi-purpose imaging solution saves money and provides more capabilities in less space
- Increase productivity of lab personnel
- Complete research projects faster, publish more papers, and open the door to more collaborations
- Quickly complete pilot studies and collect preliminary data for grant applications
Vesalius Technical Specifications
When you call us you will speak with a person - not an automated system. Talk to us about your hardware, software, or experimental design questions. Our team includes Ph.D. neuroscientists and experts in microscopy, stereology, neuron tracing, and image processing; ready to help you over the phone or online.
We can also custom develop for you
MBF is proud to help bioscience leaders and experts push the next wave of innovation and discovery to benefit humanity. Given this, it’s possible you’re looking for customized technology for your needs. If that is the case, click here to get in touch with us directly. We’d be happy and honored to see if we can create something together that will move all of us forward.