Neurolucida® is a powerful tool for creating and analyzing realistic, meaningful, and quantifiable neuron reconstructions directly from histological specimens. Researchers have reconstructed and analyzed tens of thousands of neurons using Neurolucida, leading to advances in areas of neuroscience including neurodegenerative diseases, neuropathy, memory, and behavior, and advances in other research fields such as ophthalmology.
New Performance Features
- A complete redesign for movie production with advanced movie making capabilities
- Edit reconstructions in an interactive 3D environment when tracing from image stacks
- Improved handling of big image data
- New analyses in a redesigned Neurolucida Explorer - the companion software to Neurolucida that performs all the quantitative analyses generated from neurons digitally reconstructed with Neurolucida
Advanced Movie Production Capabilities
At MBF Bioscience, we have listened to your requests for a more powerful movie production tool. Now it is easier than ever to share animations with colleagues and manuscript reviewers. Neurolucida's new movie production will allow you to produce dynamic and rich movies that will go a long way to helping your audience grasp the full extent of your research. The new movie making tool has the key features needed to create impactful media:
- Intuitive tools to produce high resolution videos of navigating tissues in 3D
- Timeline, clipping, and editing tools easy to learn and supported with tutorials
- Dynamic zooming and rotation
- Export movies in .mp4 format
Our new video production tool along with other image export tools and data analysis provided by Neurolucida Explorer provide researchers with scientific communication tools to help advance the research process from data collection to manuscript submission.
An Intuitive Interface
- Easy to Navigate – The ribbon bar design is task-oriented to make it easy to find what you need. A dynamic search bar and a quick access toolbar also aid productivity.
- Better Organized – Frequently used tools are prominent and easy to access. Tools are grouped by their function, and advanced settings are easily accessible.
- Cleaner and Simpler – The new user interface is modern and intuitive, making it easier to learn and to train new lab members.
When you call us you will speak with a person - not an automated system. Talk to us about your hardware, software, or experimental design questions. Our team includes Ph.D. neuroscientists and experts in microscopy, stereology, neuron tracing, and image processing; ready to help you over the phone or online.
How to Get Version 2018
If you have a current Software Upgrade and Support Subscription (SUSS), you will be able to download version 2018 directly from our Download Center
Unsure if your SUSS is current? Contact us at 1-802.288.9290 or email@example.com
If your SUSS is expired, contact us for a quote to renew your SUSS.
Integration with Cutting-Edge Microscope Hardware
Version 2018 integrates with the latest microscopic imaging devices and computer hardware, so you can trace neurons.
We recommend our new Lumina HR camera - a fast, high-resolution camera that captures beautifully detailed images which look great on 4K monitors. Request a quote to upgrade your system hardware.
Fully Integrated with Your Hardware
Neurolucida software drives motorized stages, cameras, filter wheels etc. to give you a seamless experience.
Customized and Scalable
Each system is customized to your research needs and scalable to fit your budget. Additional capabilities can be added with our imaging modules.
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Train new users faster
- Collect data quicker and easier
Frequently Asked Questions
Version 2018 is a significant upgrade from previous versions of Neurolucida. Here is a compilation of the most commonly asked questions about version 2018.