Neurolucida 360 version 2018
Neurolucida® 360 is the premier tool used by neuroscientists to quickly and accurately reconstruct intricate neuronal structures that range in scale from complex, multicellular networks of neurons to sub-cellular dendritic spines and putative synapses. This new release incorporates many features to expand the current capabilities to help you collect and analyze data even faster and more accurately.
New Features and Enhancements
- Large volume reconstruction *available in studio version only
- A complete redesign for movie production with advanced movie making capabilities
- Visualization improvements for tracing within dense networks
- Batch image filtering
- Support for expansion microscopy, micro-CT, and fMOST image data
- Additional varicosities analyses
Managing Large Image Volumes
Advanced high-resolution microscopy imaging technologies acquire enormous quantities of image data encompassing large regions of interest with multiple image channels for identifying characteristics and connections of distinct anatomical structures. Until now, tools for analyzing these massive image data volumes have required extensive computing resources and lengthy processing times. MBF Bioscience has developed the Large Volume Reconstruction mode within Neurolucida 360 Studio to allow researchers to isolate subregions of interest for detailed use at full resolution while still maintaining registration to the entire original source image.
- This new mode permits reconstruction from image files that greatly exceed current limits, and is only limited by your computer's hardware configuration.
- The original image volume remains unaltered with no down-sampling.
- Navigate around your large image volume quickly and easily to select smaller regions of image data (sub-volumes) for analysis and tracing.
- User profiles can be configured for each large volume to immediately begin work when you and your lab mates are working on multiple data sets.
- Apply different automatic reconstruction parameter sets for areas with diverse labeling with ease.
Watch a webinar on: Reconstruct neurons in large image volumes with Neurolucida 360
Support for Expansion Microscopy, Micro-CT and fMOST Image Data
Neurolucida 360 now supports analysis of images acquired through the methods of expansion microscopy, micro-CT, and fluorescent micro-optical sectional tomography (fMOST). Expansion microscopy allows imaging and analysis of structures otherwise too small for detection using light microscopy methods. By enlarging cells and subcellular components while preserving their structure, researchers can examine neural connections and networks on a much finer scale. All of the tracing and quantification features in Neurolucida 360 can be used to analyze images acquired through expansion microscopy techniques.
Both automated and user-assisted tracing tools can be used in conjunction with model scaling adjustments to allow researchers to obtain correct measurements of structures both in the expanded volume and of the original volume of the tissue (based on the calculated scale factor). One of the many advantages of analyzing expanded tissues in Neurolucida 360 is that the expansion process permits visualization of sub-cellular neuronal processes such as dendritic spine neck length and diameter that are otherwise too small to measure accurately in unexpanded tissues. Dendritic spines analysis in Neurolucida 360 has been adjusted to make the most from this increased resolution to improve spine detection, classification, and morphometric analyses. Additionally, image data acquired using fMOST and micro-CT methods can be effortlessly imported into Neurolucida 360 for tracing and analysis.
Visualize Completed Tree Tracings as Centerlines
To reduce visual clutter and assist in user-guided tracing, the new release of Neurolucida 360 includes a feature that displays previously-traced tree segments with a thin centerline instead of showing the full diameter tracing while tracing new segments. This feature works in both smart-manual and user-guided tracing modes with any of the tracing methods: Directional Kernels, Rayburst Crawl, or Voxel Scooping. Users can easily switch between each of these tracing algorithms during or in between tracings. The centerline feature simplifies and accelerates the user-guided tracing process, saving time and aiding with 3D volume navigation.
Advanced Movie Production Capabilities
At MBF Bioscience, we have listened to your requests for a more powerful movie production tool. Now it is easier than ever to share animations with colleagues and manuscript reviewers. Neurolucida 360’s new movie production will allow you to produce dynamic and rich movies that will go a long way to helping your audience grasp the full extent of your research. The new movie making tool has the key features needed to create impactful media:
- Intuitive tools to produce high resolution videos of navigating tissues in 3D
- Timeline, clipping, and editing tools easy to learn and supported with tutorials
- Dynamic zooming and rotation
- Export movies in .mp4 format
Our new video production tool along with other image export tools and data analysis provided by Neurolucida Explorer provide researchers with scientific communication tools to help advance the research process from data collection to manuscript submission.
An Intuitive Interface
- Easy to Navigate – The ribbon bar design is task-oriented to make it easy to find what you need. A dynamic search bar and a quick access toolbar also aid productivity.
- Better Organized – Frequently used tools are prominent and easy to access. Tools are grouped by their function, and advanced settings are easily accessible.
- Cleaner and Simpler – The new user interface is modern and intuitive, making it easier to learn and to train new lab members.
How to get Neurolucida 360 Version 2018
If you have a current Software Upgrade and Support Subscription (SUSS), you can download version 2018 directly from our Download Center.
New to Neurolucida 360? We offer both a free evaluation and a free trial copy of Neurolucida 360.
- Free evaluation: Submit some of your image data and let us evaluate how Neurolucida 360 can match your research experiment.
- Free 14-day trial copy: Download of a copy of Neurolucida 360 and use the tips and suggestions from the free evaluation to find out how easy it is to use and how quickly you can obtain useful data.