Recently, there have been significant advances in tissue clearing techniques that have allowed scientists to reconstruct and map neural tissues with higher optical resolution and at greater tissue depth. These technological advances have led to a number of large-scale collaborations among research scientists and institutions focusing on constructing maps of neural circuits to better understand functional connectivity and anatomical factors relating to neurological disorders and diseases. MBF Bioscience has established collaborations with scientists at Columbia University to license a new microscope technology called Light Sheet Theta Microscopy (LSTM) that produces higher resolution images of cleared tissue and can image larger tissues at higher speeds than other Light Sheet technologies available.
ClearScope® is a complete state of the art microscope system utilizing LSTM technology that includes every tool needed to conduct a tissue scan from start to finish. The Clear Scope system allows researchers to:
- Acquire 3D image montages automatically, either whole tissues or discrete sections
- Store and remotely access massive 3D image files efficiently, minimizing system resource consumption
- Access data remotely and collaborate with others
- Analyze scanned images on any dedicated PC using MBF's full suite of included software tools such as Neurolucida 360, Vesselucida 360, and Brain Maker.
- Create captivating images and video for publications
Observe a 3D Whole Brain Reconstruction Acquired with LSTM
- Custom specimen chambers for imaging larger specimens, including whole mouse brains or tissue slabs up to 6mm thick
- CLARITY, iDISCO, uDISCO, CUBIC, SeeDB, Sca/e and more
- Objective lenses are available in magnifications including: 10x, 16x, 20x, and 25x
- Fully automated stitching algorithms efficiently create high resolution mosaics of thick and thin tissues
- An additional 4x optical zoom within the microscope head allows for better finer imaging of small structures
Neurolucida 360 is the premier tool used by neuroscientists to quickly and accurately reconstruct intricate neuronal structures that range in scale from complex, multicellular networks of neurons to sub-cellular dendritic spines and putative synapses. Using Neurolucida 360 in combination with expansion microscopy and light sheet microscopy allows researchers obtain comprehensive morphometric data with more accuracy than ever before.
Stereo Investigator – Cleared Tissue Edition is the gold standard in unbiased stereology for use on cleared tissue. It allows researchers to use the world’s most cited stereology software — MBF Bioscience’s Stereo Investigator — to analyze intact, cleared tissue specimens imaged with light sheet or confocal microscopes. Stereo Investigator – Cleared Tissue Edition is a software tool specifically engineered for analyzing cleared tissue image data accurately and efficiently. It includes the Image Volume Fractionator, a new, state-of the-art stereological probe developed by MBF Bioscience to count cells in large, 3D images of intact specimens.