A Stereo Investigator® system for stereology gives you accurate, unbiased estimates of the number, length, area, and volume of cells or biological structures in a tissue specimen. It is a key research tool that has helped lead advances in numerous areas of neuroscience including neurodegenerative diseases, neuropathy, memory, and behavior, as well as other research fields including pulmonary research, spinal cord research, and toxicology.
New Performance Features
There are over a hundred exciting new features, including:
- A complete redesign for movie production with advanced movie making capabilities
- Edit contours and markers in an interactive 3D environment
- Improves handling of big image data
- An entire ribbon bar dedicated to publishing results
Advanced Movie Production Capabilities
At MBF Bioscience, we have listened to your requests for a more powerful movie production tool. Now it is easier than ever to share animations with colleagues and manuscript reviewers. Stereo Investigator's new movie production will allow you to produce dynamic and rich movies that will go a long way to helping your audience grasp the full extent of your research. The new movie making tool has the key features needed to create impactful media:
- Intuitive tools to produce high resolution videos of navigating tissues in 3D
- Timeline, clipping, and editing tools easy to learn and supported with tutorials
- Dynamic zooming and rotation
- Export movies in .mp4 format
An Intuitive Interface
With the new version of Stereo Investigator, scientists can collect unbiased stereology data with greater speed and efficiency.
- Easy to Navigate – The ribbon bar design is task-oriented to make it easy to find what you need. A dynamic search bar and a quick access toolbar also aid productivity.
- Better Organized– Frequently used tools are prominent and easy to access. Tools are grouped by their function, and advanced settings are easily accessible.
- Cleaner and Simpler – The new user interface is modern and intuitive, making it easier to learn and to train new lab members.
When you call us you will speak with a person - not an automated system. Talk to us about your hardware, software, or experimental design questions. Our team includes Ph.D. neuroscientists and experts in microscopy, stereology, neuron tracing, and image processing; ready to help you over the phone or online.
How to Get Version 2018
If you have a current Software Upgrade and Support Subscription (SUSS), you will be able to download version 2018 directly from our Download Center.
Unsure if your SUSS is current? Contact us at 1-802.288.9290 or email@example.com
If your SUSS is expired, contact us for a quote to renew your SUSS.
Integration with Cutting-Edge Microscope Hardware
Version 2018 integrates with the latest microscopic imaging devices and computer hardware, so you can perform stereology with cutting-edge microscope technology.
We recommend our new Lumina HR camera - a fast, high-resolution camera that captures beautifully detailed images which look great on 4K monitors. Request a quote to upgrade your system hardware.
Fully Integrated with Your Hardware
Stereo Investigator software drives motorized stages, cameras, filter wheels etc. to give you a seamless experience.
Customized and Scalable
Each system is customized to your research needs and scalable to fit your budget. Additional capabilities can be added with our imaging modules.
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Train new users faster
- Collect data quicker and easier
Frequently Asked Questions
Version 2018 is a significant upgrade from previous versions of Stereo Investigator. Here is a compilation of the most commonly asked questions about version 2018.