New LED model: Head-down microscope display
The Lucivid is an innovative microdisplay that gives you the ability to project a computer's display into your microscope -- allowing you to view a computer's display superimposed onto your microscope's optical field of view. The Lucivid easily integrates with optical systems to provide users with the ability to interact with a multitude of software applications. You have a choice of ultra-bright monochrome or color models; both can be used with a Windows® PC or Apple® Macintosh® computer.
Live tracing through the oculars
The Lucivid allows you to do live tracing directly on your microscope's optical field of view while you look though the oculars. Accurately trace neurons with Neurolucida or perform stereology with Stereo Investigator while looking through the microscope eyepieces with the Lucivid attached to your microscope.
With the Lucivid attached to your microscope you can stimulate retinal specimens with computer generated graphics and patterns. The Lucivid mounts directly to your microscope's camera port and projects the computer display through the objectives, directly onto your specimen. The C-mount version features an industry-standard mount for integration with microscopes and widely available mounting components.
What are the advantages of the new LED Lucivid model over the older CRT Lucivid?
- Perfect geometric linearity. There is no need to adjust the linearity of the new model. It is perfect across the entire field. The older model required delicate adjustment.
- Brighter. The new model is even brighter than the older model. And the brightness will last longer and decay less than the older CRT model.
- No high voltage parts. Longer lifetime. The new model uses state-of-the-art microdisplay manufacturing methods that are more durable.
- Smaller. The new model is less than 1/20th of the weight. It is fully integrated into one component, rather than requiring a separate control box.
- Color. The new XC model offers an RGB color option. This is the first time a color microdisplay has been available.
- Standard signal connections
- RGB Color and Monochrome
- Software control of image orientation
- Programmable brightness, contrast, and gain
- Selectable image orientation
- Custom configurations
- Metrology systems
- Interactive image analysis
- Micro viewfinder
- Programmable stimulation
- Remote viewing
- Vision systems
- Automation platform
When you call us you will speak with a person - not an automated system. Talk to us about your hardward, software, or experimental design questions. Our team includes Ph.D. neuroscientists and experts in microscopy, stereology, neuron tracing, and image processing; ready to help you over the phone or online.
"We find that using the Lucivid is excellent for making highly accurate digital reconstructions of neurons which are difficult to see with a digital camera connected to our microscope. For instance, more dendritic spines and axonal boutons are visible in the binocular eyepieces than on the screen showing the camera image. The use of Lucivid makes it easier to record these details with accuracy and to use them in detailed fine structural analysis."
-Rudolf Kraftsik, Senior Scientist
University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED)
- Monochrome XM model-800×600 85/75/72/60 Hz
- Color XC model-800×600 85/75/72/60 Hz
- Monochrome model: 3000 cd/m2
- Color model: 400 cd/m2
- 25,000 hours
- -40°C to 70°C
- Length 75mm, Diameter 42mm
- Standard VGA high-density D-sub 15 connector
- VESA signal
- Windows or Mac utility control software
- USB 2.0
- Adapters are available for most microscope drawing tubes and microscope camera ports.